Companies producing gas from coalbed methane (CBM) and shale gas wells must provide us with the control well data required by the Oil and Gas Conservation Rules. The forms and information on this page should be used to fulfil those requirements.
CBM and Shale Gas Control Well Information (updated weekly)
- CBM Pressure and Flow Control Wells [Excel]
- CBM Desorption Control Wells [Excel]
- Shale Gas Desorption Control Wells [Excel]
Control Well Forms
The following forms include our submission guidelines.
- Shale Gas Desorption Control Well Form (June 11, 2008)
- Shale Gas Pressure and Flow Control Well Form (June 11, 2008)
- Resources Applications – Schedule 1 (April 29, 2008)
Find More Information
We publish industry activity lists, data, reports, and other information on a regular basis. Find more information on our Activity and Data page.
If you have questions about control well data requirements, please email Resources.Applications@aer.ca.