Directive 017: Measurement Requirements for Oil and Gas Operations
View PDF (4249 KB)
Release Date: December 13, 2018
Effective Date: December 13, 2018 (except where otherwise stated)
Replaces the previous edition released on November 21, 2018.
Released with Bulletin 2018-37.
Purpose of this Directive
This directive consolidates, clarifies, and updates AER requirements for measurement points used for AER accounting and reporting purposes, as well as those measurement points required for upstream petroleum facilities and some downstream pipeline operations under existing regulations. This directive specifies
- what and how volumes must be measured;
- what, where, and how volumes may be estimated;
- if accounting procedures must be performed on the determined volumes and what they are;
- what data must be kept for audit purposes; and
- what resultant volumes must be reported to the AER.