Directive 031: REDA Energy Cost Claims
View PDF (287.21 KB)
Release Date: February 24, 2016
Replaces the previous edition released on November 30, 2013.
Purpose of this Directive
This directive is intended to direct participants who wish to apply to the AER for an advance of funds or an award of costs in relation to their participation in a hearing. This directive addresses questions such as the following:
- Who is eligible to claim costs?
- Is advance funding available?
- What are interim awards?
- What are the considerations for awarding costs?
- What costs may be claimed by a participant, lawyer, consultant, or expert?
- How and when should a costs claim be filed?
- What happens if an applicant or approval holder fails to pay costs?
- Can a costs order be appealed?